By Kai Borre, Dennis M. Akos, Nicolaj Bertelsen, Peter Rinder, Søren Holdt Jensen
Satellite navigation receivers are used to obtain, approach, and decode space-based navigation signs, equivalent to these supplied by way of the GPS constellation of satellites. there's an expanding desire for a unified open platform that would let more advantageous receiver improvement and layout, in addition to low in cost checking out strategies for varied functions. This ebook offer hands-on exploration of latest applied sciences during this speedily turning out to be field.
One of the original positive factors of the paintings is the interactive technique used, giving readers the facility to build their very own worldwide Navigation satellite tv for pc platforms (GNSS) receivers. to build the sort of reconfigurable receiver with quite a lot of functions, the authors talk about receiver structure in response to software-defined radio (SDR) innovations. The presentation unfolds in a scientific, ordinary variety and is going from the fundamentals to state-of-the-art research.
Additional positive factors and themes include:
* Presentation of uncomplicated sign buildings utilized in GPS and Galileo, the eu satellite tv for pc navigation system
* layout and implementation of a GPS sign generator
* Presentation and research of other tools of sign acquisition—serial seek; parallel-frequency area seek; and parallel-code section search—as good as code/carrier monitoring and navigation info decoding
* a whole GPS software program receiver carried out utilizing MATLAB code in addition to GPS and GIOVE-A sign records—allowing readers to alter a variety of parameters and instantly see their effects
* MATLAB-based exercises
* A hands-on approach to trying out the cloth coated within the booklet: supplementary front-end equipment—which can be bought at http://ccar.colorado.edu/gnss—enables readers engaged on a home windows or LINUX approach to generate real-world info via changing analog indications to electronic signals
* Supplementary path fabric for teachers on hand at http://gps.aau.dk/softgps
* Bibliography of modern effects and accomplished index
The booklet is aimed toward utilized mathematicians, electric engineers, geodesists, and graduate scholars. it can be used as a textbook in quite a few GPS know-how and sign processing classes, or as a self-study reference for a person operating with satellite tv for pc navigation receivers.
Read Online or Download A Software-Defined GPS and Galileo Receiver: A Single-Frequency Approach PDF
Best geology books
The yankee Alps explores the geologic heritage at the back of the San Juans. From basement rock billion years outdated in the course of the ebb and circulate of historical seas and successive classes of uplift, the San Juans are an open booklet to the heritage of the planet. an invaluable and obtainable publication for a person residing or touring within the big-mountain kingdom of southwest Colorado.
- An Introduction to Seismic Isolation
- Deformation Analysis in Soft Ground Improvement
- Cambridge Encyclopedia of Earth Sciences
- Applied Hydrogeology (4th Edition)
- Comparative Hydrology: An Ecological Approach to Land and Water Resources
- Research in freshwater biology
Extra info for A Software-Defined GPS and Galileo Receiver: A Single-Frequency Approach
The resulting code length is 4092×25. In Galileo lingo the ﬁnal code is called a tiered code. Let the primary code generator work with chip rate R P . The secondary code generator has chip rate R S = R P /N P , where N P is the length in chips of the primary code. In all signal modulations the logical levels 1 and 0 are deﬁned as signal levels −1 and 1 (polar non-return-to-zero representation). 34 3. 1. Galileo modulation scheme. The scheme is based on the modulation principle coherent adaptive subcarrier modulation (CASM).
3 Message Structure This section outlines the Galileo message structure. 8. The frame is composed of several subframes, and each subframe again is composed of several pages. The page is the basic structure for the navigation message and contains the following ﬁelds: – a synchronization word (SW), – a data ﬁeld, – a cyclic redundancy check (CRC) bits for error detection, and – tail bits for the forward error correction (FEC) encoder containing all zeros. CRC and data encoding are used to provide better signal and data integrity.
1) The actual chips for the individual satellites are likely to be generated as a truncated Gold code. Higher chipping rates provide better accuracy. Longer codes reduce cross correlation to more acceptable levels, although acquisition time is longer. 023 MHz. Channel C uses both a primary and a secondary code of length N P = 4092 chips and N S = 25 chips, respectively. The primary code is a truncated Gold sequence, so when the number of 4092 chips is reached, the register is reset to its initial state.
A Software-Defined GPS and Galileo Receiver: A Single-Frequency Approach by Kai Borre, Dennis M. Akos, Nicolaj Bertelsen, Peter Rinder, Søren Holdt Jensen
- Read e-book online Frontiers in number theory, physics, and geometry I PDF
- New PDF release: Language, Games, and Evolution: Trends in Current Research