By American Petroleum Institute
Read or Download API RP 520 Sizing, Selection, and Installation of Pressure-Relieving Devices in Refineries-Part II—Installation PDF
Similar nonfiction_5 books
Set within the boardrooms, yachts, and waterfront mansions of Australia's such a lot decadent urban, this boisterous thriller investigates corruption and extra within the company global. Jack Beaumont, architect grew to become estate developer, is as shocked because the subsequent individual whilst he's approached via coverage rich person Mac Biddulph to turn into the recent CEO of HOA, the biggest home-insurer in Australia.
- Applying Computer Simulation Tools to Radiation Effects Problems
- Robert and James Adam, Architects of the Age of Enlightenment
- The Shadow - 011 - Double Z
- Cities of Whiteness (Antipode Book Series, Book 10 )
- Reviews in Fluorescence 2008
Additional info for API RP 520 Sizing, Selection, and Installation of Pressure-Relieving Devices in Refineries-Part II—Installation
3. Ensure that the device is installed in the correct orientation. Follow the ßow direction indicated on the device and verify using the manufacturerÕs installation instructions. 4. Ensure that the device is installed correctly to take account of gravity. Some pin-actuated pressure-relief devices are sensitive to gravity because the weight of the mechanism contributes to the set pressure of the device. Follow the manufacturerÕs installation instructions and make sure that the device has been purchased to match the installation conÞguration (horizontal/vertical/oblique ßow).
Where a device is supplied with a ßuid drain to prevent internal accumulation, this drain shall be discharged to an appropriate location. Pin-actuated non-reclosing pressure-relief devices comprise two main components. The Þrst component is the mechanism (piston or disc) that moves from the ÒclosedÓ to the ÒopenÓ position during the overpressure event. The second main component is the buckling pin that maintains the piston or disk in the closed position and that buckles in response to overpressure to activate the opening of the disk.
This condition cannot be evaluated readily, but unstable ßow at valve inlets tends to generate instability. For materials that are highly viscous, materials that could result in corrosion upon cooling, or materials that could potentially solidify in pressure-relief devices, adequate heat tracing or insulation should be provided for both inlet and outlet piping to pressure-relief devices, as well as remote sensing lines for pilot-operated pressure-relief valves. Ensure that any discharge or vent port are not covered when the valve is insulated.
API RP 520 Sizing, Selection, and Installation of Pressure-Relieving Devices in Refineries-Part II—Installation by American Petroleum Institute
- Alexander E. Gates, David Ritchie's Encyclopedia of Earthquakes and Volcanoes PDF
- New PDF release: Career Ideas for Kids Who Like Computers